Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 64

Today is my first day off after the Thanksgiving 4 day weekend. Before I talk about today, I have to share a few things from the weekend...even if it isn't part of my working less than full time...but so many cute things happened.

Zak seemed to have made another "leap" into adulthood this weekend. It's weird, but I can sometimes just SEE the transitions happening. First, his sentences are getting longer and longer. He came down to our bed one of these mornings around 6am. He wanted a drink. I told him I'd get him some water...he said "I'd appreciate juice better, but water is fine." I almost gave him juice just for the sweetness factor :-) We did a Thanksgiving lunch at his school on Wednesday. It was so much fun, but when I had to go back to work, he was sad (so were all the kids), he pouted a bit, but laid down for his nap and said good-bye. When I came back, I read on his chart that he only slept for like 30 minutes. I just kind of mentioned it out loud, didn't really expect an answer from him, but he said "I know Mommy. I was sad. I was missing you."

And then, on Saturday we went to have breakfast with Grandpa. We forgot his pillow (which he basically wants to have with him everywhere...) He said, "Ooops, we forgot my pillow! We just need to turn around and go get it. Tato, back this car up!"

AND.... by Saturday evening, he started calling me MOM! Not mommy. I can't believe how much its affected me :-) He's growing up!

Yesterday morning we had a not so nice experience starting back to work after the 4 day weekend. I knew it would be tough for all of us to get up...but as I was in the shower, I heard Zak yelling something like "Please! Clean off my pillow!" The next thing I know, Kuba brings Zak into the bathroom and Zak is covered in blood (bloody nose)...Zak thought his pillow was covered in something, but didn't realize it was coming from his nose until he saw himself in the mirror and started to panic. I must admit, my panic button kicked off for a few seconds until I told myself, its just a bloody nose...it looks worse than it is. But talk about chaos. He's screaming for me, I'm trying to get out of the shower, his nose was still gushing everywhere. It added a hectic half an hour to our morning, but looks like he's none worse for it.

Today (Tuesday) has been very busy, but great. I felt like I had so much to do, but once again we had it done by about 10:30. I made that odd sounding cranberry relish dish I keep hearing about on NPR for our Christmas party Saturday (initial taste tests are promising)...we played some "snakes" and "Cat in the Hat", ran to the store, went and met Auntie Ann to pick up Maya's birthday gift, then to FedEx to mail it. Zak kept asking if he could just stay in the car and play with the iPhone...I don't think so, not yet. Although it was tempting given the rainy weather. He also insisted that the umbrella was his...so much for keeping me dry :-)

We got home and played some more games in front of the fire place. I love this time of year. Christmas lights going, fire place going, and just hanging out together. We have so much to be thankful for. Then Jill came over for lunch and just to catch up a bit (she works just a few blocks away, so its very easy.)

And then we went to pick up Babcia from the airport! She's here for 4 months! Yeah! It took Zak all of 15 minutes to remember her.

Anyway, a nice busy day, during a very nice time of year. I'm very happy to have this extra time with Zak and for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment