Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Day 6

Well, Friday was better, but things still aren't working how I want them to. I think the reason Friday was good was because I had the whole weekend ahead, so I was able to shut off a bit. I still came in overly stressed on Monday morning. I'm going to give it another month, then decide if/what I need to change. I don't want to dread going to work, and right now I do because I know the whole day will be filled with stress and more work than I can accomplish. I can not work in an environment where I feel like I can't keep up. So I definitely need to keep adapting.



On the positive side, Friday was filled with fun times with Zak. We had Tumblebees in the morning, and Zak was absolutely awesome. They are required to sit and listen to instructions for 5 minutes every 15 minutes or so. This is the first time (since he's been 2 - before that, it was easy for him) that he's sat and listened intently. I think the new teacher made it easier too, as she was very animated as she was giving the instructions. Anyway, he followed the instructions so well. Even doing jumping jacks when he was supposed to.



We met with Rowan later that day and went to the indoor playground at Kid's First because it was rather cold. He really enjoyed that. So many clubhouses, slides, cars.



At some point during the day I went to get my taxes done. I called Zak on the way back...he didn't answer as he always just puts the phone to his ear, but I knew it was him. I said "Hi Zak, I'm on my way home..." He started yelling "My Mommy! My Mommy!" :-) Call me sappy, but I love the MY part of that :-)

Oh, and I got my first paycheck. Ouch! I knew it would be smaller, but I guess wasn't mentally prepared for just how small. Definitely I will have to change my buying habits a bit :-)

1 comment:

  1. Karen Stultz Rossmann: April, I really enjoyed reading your blog! Glad you are enjoying the 'right' decision you made for your family.

    ReplyDelete