Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 28

Well, today is supposed to be about last Friday, and it was a great day, but I just don't feel I can talk about Friday without mentioning my colleague Olga, and her beautiful son. I mentioned them before. Her 8 year old son has been fighting cancer for the last 8 months. He passed away on Sunday. Olga told me they had an awesome Saturday together as a family. She told me that if the story had to end this way, it was the best possible way it could have ended. They all got to say their last words to him, have him close, and he was in almost no pain. She is positive they have a little angel watching over them now. I truly hope so.

Olga and her family are the reason I started considering a part time option for awhile. They have taught me that time is not something we can take for granted. Every day is a gift.

So for today, my thoughts and prayers are with Olga and her family. And as I'm celebrating Zak's 3rd birthday, I'll think of them and be grateful for the time I have, not only with him, but with Kuba...and all my family and friends. I hope you all do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment