Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 37

Today was so much better than the last two weeks. I think Zak could sense it from the start. Kuba and I had some coffee together, Zak was sleeping in, so I decided to wait on breakfast for him. I think Zak does have a radar sense when it comes to me working though, I was just about to head up to my office to do a little email when he woke up (about 8). He didn't have to come searching for me in the yard. I wasn't immediately rushing him to eat breakfast so we could get to some appointment. He came out and climbed into my lap and we sat and rocked in the rocker for 30 minutes or so until he was completely awake. We read a couple of books, had some milk, then he took a bubble bath and I took a shower. We slowly made some breakfast (waffles), he helped me with the dishwasher and fold a basket of clothes (well, he played in the basket of clothes while I took things out around him).

Then we got on the bikes and went to the library. They were having story time, which he usually doesn't like, but after a few minutes he decided to join in some of the songs. One little baby, he was probably 1.5 years old, really took a liking to Zak. He came right up in his face and was just looking at him. Zak just let him look. Then the baby start touching Zak's ears, eyes, nose, etc, etc Zak just let him. He closed his eyes when he wanted to touch his eyes, said nose or ear when he touched his nose or ear. It was very sweet. On the way out, when I was lifting Zak up into his bike seat, I said "Super Baby flying up in the air". He said, "No Mommy! I'm not a baby! I'm a BOY." Sigh.


My friend Sanja came over for lunch, and straight after Zak took his pillow to bed to lay down. I laid with him for a few minutes, then got up to do the lunch dishes and another load of laundry. I was about to start making the phone calls I need to make (porch repair, deed questions, etc)...and then decided, no, I'm going to go take a nap with Zak. Such a good nap! He woke up a few minutes after I laid down and smiled. I cherish these times.
And now Zak is still sleeping (3 hours!) I think we wore him out these last couple of weeks, staying up late working on the yard.

Ahh, he's up! Now off to King's Island with Tato!

No comments:

Post a Comment