Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 38

Tuesday was kind of a weird day. Zak didn't get enough good sleep. At around 8 he said he wanted to go to King's Island. I told him we could when it opened. But then by 9:30, he said no, he didn't want to go to King's Island, he wanted to stay home. The whole day he didn't want to do anything (pool, library, toy store)...he just wanted to stay home. I'm one of these people that always wants to be on the go, but I decided if he didn't want to be, then I guess it was ok. So we had a very lazy day, a little on the boring side.

I'm also not sure if my new Monday, Wednesday, Thursday schedule is working out as well as Mon, Tues, Thurs...but maybe I just need some time to get used to it. I feel like taking off already on Tuesday kind of breaks my stride. I had a lot of work on my mind Tuesday, which was probably also contributing to the feeling of not having the greatest of days.

On the other hand, going back through my notes (which I just jot down randomly throughout the day), he did crack me up quite a bit :-)

At one point, he took a gold pencil that his friend Chloe had given him. He came up to me and said "It's a magic wand" and then started waving it around in circles obviously trying to cast some kind of magic on me. At first I was shocked! But then I remembered they had a magician come to his daycare last week...so I quickly recovered and turned myself into a frog and started hopping around. I begged him to turn me back into a human, which he graciously did. But then for another 15 minutes he transformed me back and forth and insisted that I hop around at least a bit as a frog...my thighs were burning, geez I'm out of shape :-)

He has a Little Einstein globe that we were playing with, finding different parts of the world. He saw the Eiffel Tower on France and started exlaiming "King's Island! King's Island! With Ethan and Logan!" I tried to explain to him that King's Island's tower is a small version of the Eiffel tower, but I don't think he was listening. He was already imagining going up in the tower again with Ethan and Logan.

Dana called at some point during the day, she has a special ring tone...immediately Zak said "Dana's calling!" He's so observant. Dana and I finally got pedicures a couple of weeks ago...and I got a flower painted on my nails. Zak insists that now my toes look like Dana's toes, because she had a flower last time. We were at Michael's Crafts, he saw a small pig with flowers on it and wanted to buy it for Aunt Dana. I can't believe he associates flowers with Dana now because her toenails had flowers on them before mine.

Anyway, in the afternoon, since we were just hanging at home anyway, I decided to try to make a new enchilada recipe that my friend gave me. Zak helped and they turned out great! Then Aunt Katie joined us after work so Kuba and I could play some tennis.

Anyway, I didn't feel it was the best day, but maybe I just need to learn to relax and not have to be on the go all the time. I also think Zak was fighting some kind of sickness, because he was a little lazier than normal as well...so it was probably good that we could just take a day to fight it off. I'm hoping we have a more active day today though :-)

1 comment:

  1. Lazy days are the best! Glad you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete