Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 39

Today was another rather lazy day, even though it started out looking very busy. We got up, and leisurely cleaned a bit. Zak loves mopping the floor and cleaning the windows. The only problem is the excess Windex and water he likes to leave behind. He went to cleaning the windows and floors (with me coming behind him every 5 minutes or so), and I did the dishes and laundry. We got dressed, and Zak was very opinionated about his clothes today. In the end, he picked out "Diane's shirt" (a tye dyed shirt Diane gave him), which I luckily found in the clean clothes basket, I just hadn't had a chance to fold them. At 9:00, we headed out, with the plan of going to the car shop to get our turn signal looked at, then up to King's Island for a couple hours, and then to meet my friend Melanie for lunch.

As we were driving to the car shop, Zak saw Toys-R-Us and asked to stop. So I told him sure, we could do it on the way up to King's Island. I wanted to buy him a pair of skates anyway, those Fisher Price kind that adjust over your shoes...they are so cool now, look like little roller blades :-) Anyway, we went there and I told him he could pick out one toy. I picked up the roller blades, and he kept telling me "No, put them back Mommy" because he thought those counted as his one :-) Eventually he picked an electric drum set (a cheap one), and we took it out of the box so he could play with it in the car. And that was it, he didn't want to go to King's Island anymore. He wanted to go home and play with his drums. I kept asking him, but he was adament to go home, so we did.

We hung out a bit at home, then went to meet Melanie for lunch. Zak was already a little tired, so I wouldn't say it was a relaxing lunch, but Melanie has 2 kids, so she understood :-) After lunch he asked me to lay down with him ("Want to lay down Mommy?") Of course I did :-) He's now got this thing where he WANTS me to sing...but only the "Rock a bye baby in the tree top"...except I always replace baby with Zakie, Katie, Ann...whoever. Now he tells me WHO he wants me to sing about...today we had to go through the whole list (Ethan, Logan, Ann, Dave, Tato, Mommy, Dana, Matt, Rowan, Katie, Jude, Chad, Maya, Paul, Grandma, Grandpa, Babcia...even more...I think Diane and Aiden his buddy from school, was even in there somewhere) At one point, I just wanted to see how asleep he was...and so I started the song with "Rock a bye Ethan in the tree top..." and ended with "and down will come Logan, cradle and all" and he laughed and said "NO!!!! Ethan!" He thought I was joking with him (I was)...unfortunately he was wide awake again :-)

Anyway, he slept for about 2 hours, so I quickly did the floors, called to make some dr. appts, finally had the guy come and estiate the cost to fix our roof over the porch, those normal things that I don't know how we ever got done when I worked full time.

Then Katie came over for an hour or so to visit before going off for her 10 year high school reunion, and Ann, Dave, Ethan and Logan came over and we had a great dinner with the kids. It's really nice having my sisters so close. The boys had a great time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment