Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 50

Tuesday was a great day. My mind was clear, and we really had fun. It was a busy day, but I really was able to focus on Zak and he did cute things the whole day as usual.

First though, let me admit I worked just a teeny bit late on Monday. Kuba picked Zak up from the daycare...and so I met them at home probably around 6:30...Zak ran to the door, jumping up and down, "Hi Mommy! Mommy's home! Mommy's home!" And as soon as the car was turned off (I'm so proud he waited until the car was off), he ran over to my door and said "Yeah" and gave me such a big hug. I seriously need to get that on video sometime. My heart was overflowing.

This morning We did a quick Skype session with Babcia. Zak was just kind of lounging in the living room, half asleep. Kuba was trying to get him to be a bit more animated. He asked Zak... "Zak, can you sing something? Or dance? Or show Babcia some of your artwork? Or what?" Zak thought for a second (still lounging) and said "Ummm....or what." We were dying.

We did some light cleaning after Tato left. I set our Roomba going, and pretty soon Zak had it turned on its back again...he said he needed to check the engine. He then asked for our hand vacuum to clean the couches. I gave it to him and he started vacuuming, but then within a few minutes he had taken it apart and handed me a screwdriver. He said he needed to see this engine too and wanted me to open it up further.

Next we went to meet Dana and Rowan at the playground, and from there onto swim lessons. I told him, "ok Zak, let's hop in the car and go see Rowan." I saw him literally do a double-take, then he attempted to physically JUMP into the back seat. I started laughing so hard. I purposefully used the same choice of words later in the day. He smiled and again attempted to HOP into the car :-)

Then we went downtown and visited some people from work (I had to exchange my iPad for another one)...and had lunch with Kuba. We came home, and unfortunately he had that little cat nap in the car, so we skipped the real nap. But we did cuddle up in bed for a little bit. He wanted to read some books, but when I tried to hold them, he said "No, I read them!" So I let him hold them and was expecting him to start acting like he was reading. After a few page turns, he looked at me and said "Come on Mommy, talk!" So I guess he wanted me to do the TALKING only, and he would do the reading to himself :-)

Anyway, the rest of the day was uneventful. Tato came home, and I went and got my haircut. It was a nice day, and I was glad to have my mind dedicated to Zak after the last couple of weeks feeling my attention was more divided.

1 comment: