Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 58

Hello Everyone! Last week I didn't blog because I don't count it as part of my less than full time, since I was on vacation from Wed-Fri. Jude, Chad and Maya came into town, and we spent 4 days with the family. It was a nice visit, but I think I pushed Zak a bit hard...it was clear because on Sunday after everyone left, at 10:30 in the morning, he drug his pillow out to the living room and said "Mommy, I'm tired." And then laid on the couch and slept for 4 HOURS!!!

I was worried about the evening, but at 8:30, we went up to his bedroom, read 2 books, and he even said, "ok, time to nap"...and was asleep in 30 seconds. He didn't wake up until 6:30 the next morning. Wow. He was tired.

Today has been a great day in the middle of what will be a tough week. I have business dinners 3 nights this week. Zak and I have stayed in the whole morning, taking turns playing games and cleaning. It's amazing how far behind laundry and stuff can get in 5 days :-) We bought this new game called "The Cat in the Hat, I can do That" - so fun! It makes you do silly things like hop around a "Trick a ma stick" while holding a cake on your head. We love it, and laugh and laugh. Zak really likes the one that makes you slide UNDER the "trick a ma stick."

I feel a little behind at work, but I assume its because I was gone for 3 days last week. It's a bit hard forcing myself to let go on this day knowing how far behind I am, but that's part of it I guess.

We did an art project together this morning (which is just painting with water colors) - but Zak was really into it. He worked on his for about 30 minutes, very meticulously adding different colors to make what he calls a helicopter. It did look like a helicopter at one point, but now it looks more like a big colorful blob. I, on the other hand, painted a page in a coloring book. When I asked Zak if I could hang my painting on his wall of art, he said no. I guess it didn't meet his standards. He also said his wasn't ready for hanging either, he wanted to work more on it later. I guess he has something specific in his mind for the final product :-)


Anyway, it's been a nice relaxing and quiet day. I feel connected with Zak again (was worried since we were starting to battle a lot the last couple of days of my brother's visit), and feel ready to take on the full day of meetings/dinner tomorrow. When he wakes from his nap, we'll go vote and then to the park. It's a beautiful fall day.

No comments:

Post a Comment