Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 78

Friday was a very good day. I didn't like how I started the day though. I woke up at about 6 and thought I'd log in to work to send one email. It's one of those emails that you have to put a lot of thought into, and I had been thinking about it most of the night...so thought I'd get it out since I had some time. Normally Zak will wake up at about 7 if unprompted, but maybe he heard me moving about or something...he came down and wanted me to hold him. I was half way through writing the email, and I got raelly frustrated with Zak. I wanted him to stay asleep, and give me time to get it out, otherwise I'd be thinking about it all morning. I told him to lay down, and he kept wanting to hug my neck. So sad of me, but I really just wanted him to give me 15 more minutes to get this done. I told him, pretty angrily, to lay back down. Then I checked myself, gave him a kiss and hug, and asked him please just to give me a few more minutes. He did. One day, I'm going to miss him wanting to cuddle with me in the mornings. This is why I need to be careful about letting myself use any of my day off time for work...it can easily slip into hours if I'm not careful. I've seen other people ask their kids for "5 more minutes", and then when the kids get into something else, the adults start into something else, and then get mad again when the kids want their attention 15 minutes later. I just need to be careful.

Anyway, I got the note out, and shut down the computer....and made sure to listen to what Zak wanted to do for the morning. I cuddled with him and asked "do you want to go get some breakfast?" He said "Oh sure!" That's his new thing "Oh sure!" Do you want some ketchup? "Sure!" Do you want to play cars? "Sure!" After breakfast, he wanted to play cars, then we went to the rec center. I must admit I love being able to get a small run in in the mornings, and know Zak is enjoying spending time with Babcia. We came home for lunch, then Babcia wanted to go shopping for some make-up (she always needs to go shopping for make-up.) I asked Zak if he wanted to go shopping...he said "Oh sure! To Target to buy a new car!" I thought that was fair, given how boring buying make-up would be for him. But I am a little struck by how the Target brand has had such an influence on him. They are building a Target about a mile from our house, I wonder if he'll want to work there when he's a teenager :-)

We went to Target, he spent about 20 minutes selecting his car...and I love to watch his thought process. We go through all the cars and narrow it down to the ones he doesn't have. Then he picks them up 2-3 times and considers. He asked their names, and then I don't knwo what goes through his head. Eventually he picked "Valerie Veat."

We both napped when we got home (I am catching the bug he had earlier this week)...and then we went for his first tennis practice. He hated it. I must admit, I don't think it was set up right...there were 8 4yr olds, 2 teachers, and they expected them to stay in a line and hit when it was their turn. They were bored to death. I think in 45 minutes, Zak got a chance to hit the ball about 8 times. I would be bored myself. He told me after "I don't like tennis because I don't know how to play." I guess Kuba or I will need to play 1:1 with him for awhile first.

We had an easy night, just hanging out and relaxing. We are all either getting over, or getting a small bug, so we thought just hanging out was probably the best idea. Kuba made an awesome dinner for us (baked salmon with a wonderful lemon sauce)...Zak even liked it.

After dinner, Kuba went to work on our basement bathroom. At about 8, Zak said "Do you want to play cars with me Mommy?" I said, "No, it's probably time for bed." Zak said "Oh, no! I have to help Tato! And he grabbed his tool belt and ran down to help Tato. Anything to avoid bed time!

Anyway, we had a lot of fun today....not too busy, not too lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment