Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 9

I left Thursday feeling pretty much in control. Have a couple big deliverables coming up, but feel they are on the right path. Friday was all in all a great day, but I did have a few surprising revelations through-out the day. I'll tell you about those in a minute, but first, about Zak.

So Friday morning we headed up to "Entertrainment Junction." A great place for little kids Zakie's age who love trains. We spent about 30 minutes looking at all the model trains (really cool), then another 1.5 hours playing with the exact same train tracks and Thomas engines he has at home. At least he was somewhat interacting with other kids :-)

We ate lunch there. I bought him a slice of pizza and some train cookies. He asked for the cookies of course, I said after the pizza. He took one bite of his pizza and then said "Cookies please." :-) Smart alec. He actually finished most of his pizza and then ate his cookies. I let him pick one new Thomas engine (he picked Kevin) and then we left.

As we were getting into the car, I told him we needed to do some quick shopping at IKEA...he started shouting NO!!! NO SHOPPING! Hmm, I guess Kuba and I have tramautized him :-) Anyway, we did some quick IKEA shopping, then came home.

He did one other cute thing that day, but you'll only understand if you have a toddler really into Thomas...he got out his new "Kevin"...and his older "Victor." Over and over I kept hearing him say "Kevin!" and then "Sorry boss, slip of hook!" I couldn't help but laugh.

Anyway, at some point during the day I started thinking how nice it would be to have a night out with friends. I think it has been 3 years since I've thought about going out with friends! I of course have friends over, and meet up with them from time to time with Zak ...but I was really considering an adult night out, with some drinks, maybe some jazz music, just getting a little loud. Maybe now that I feel I'm having more quality time with Zak, I also can start thinking about more quality time for me? I don't know what the trigger, but Kuba and I are going out Saturday night for a friend's wedding, and we actually got a babysitter to stay the night so we can stay out late. I must say, I'm really looking forward to it.

The other thing that happened on Friday, is at around 4:00, I think Zak and I actually got a little bored with each other. It was like, we had a great day, did everything we wanted to do...and that was just it. He played his trains and had no interest in me. I started looking at the watch thinking about when Kuba was going to come home. This shocked me. I guess it's good I still have my days at work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment