Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 52

Today, and especially last night, has started out great. Zak and I have been laughing a lot, but we've had our struggles too.

The fun stuff first....a couple of cute things. Last night I went for short run. I got home, and Zak and Kuba were working together on dinner, so I snuck in for a bubble bath. I think it's the first time I've used our whirlpool bath in 3 years :-) Just as I was getting out I was thinking how strange it was to have an uninterrupted bath...and Zak came in. He said..."My turn for a bubble bath! I need a bath, I'm dirty. I'm completely covered in dirt!" Which made me burst out laughing. He was so trying to convince me how dirty he was.

We had a nice dinner together, and then Kuba left for tennis. Zak and I snuggled up in bed together and read some books. Its perfect weather for snuggling. I then even let us have some cheese in bed for dessert before we finally brushed our teeth for the real bed time.

This morning we were takling about who we should go to lunch with. We tried several people, but everyone was busy. Finally Zak said, how about just Zachary and mommy only. I am fine with that :-) We went to the grocery, and he pushed the cart the whole way. He didn't want to go to the store, he kept insisting it was closed, but once we were there, he was great.

But there have been some struggles too. Yesterday morning, he didn't want to go to the restroom before school. I asked him several times, and I knew he needed to go because he hadn't gone all night. We made the mistake once of not having him go, and he had an accident immediately when he got to school. So I forced him into the bathroom. He was so angry (I'm seeing his anger come out more these days)...he took the toilet lid....AND BIT IT! Then he told me he was very cross (he's been watching way too much Thomas the Train.) I was shocked again by his frustration. I hope it's the terrible twos a bit late.

This morning after the grocery store, we went to play on an indoor playground. After about 30 minutes, we needed to leave so he could go to his swim class. Again the anger came out. He threw himself on the ground and refused to leave. Then he refused to get into the pool, so I had to put him in. Maybe we need to quit going to the playground before the pool. He LOVES the water, so i don't get this attitude. I feel helpless.

Work is going to be very stressful the next 4 weeks, and I can feel it in my bones already. Let's see how I manage. I need to keep myself in check, and do the best I can do, without letting it consume me.

1 comment:

  1. I've always said the 3's are the new 2's! The 'terrible' 2s were nothing compared to the horrific 3s in our house!!! Best of luck - it WILL pass. And best of luck with the next 4 weeks at work!

    ReplyDelete