Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 57

Zak and I stayed up way too late on Thursday night. I guess that is part of the perks of working only three days a week, you can stay up late knowing you can sleep in...unfortunately, we didn't sleep in :-)

Thursday night, we went to our first Halloween party together, at his daycare. My brother and I decided to do a group thing this year, so we are all dressing as different characters from the Wizard of Oz. It'll be great once Maya, Jude and Chad get here...but for Thursday, maybe we looked a bit random just being a wicked witch and the Tin Man (Zak.) Kuba will be a wicked tree, but I think he's still trying to mentally prepare himself for this whole thing. He found an excuse (working on the window well still in the back yard), and I decided to let him slide on it.

Zak has no idea who the tin man is, nor did he have any interest in being one. He decided he wanted to be a pumpkin. I tried to convince him he could be a tin man holding a pumpkin. Not good enough. In the end, he went, but he wasn't happy. Once we got there, he had a blast...mostly jumping in the jumping balloon for about 40 minutes. I couldn't get him out. He kept taunting me, jumping close to the opening, but not close enough that I could grab him. He finally made the mistake of getting too close, and I caught him :-) He was exhausted.

Anyway, we had a nice time, got a pumpkin, made a cookie, had some dinner...but it was late by the time we got home and got in bed. Kuba had bought Zak a big Christmas train that he had seen at Lowe's...and so had it set up for him when he got home. It's a pretty cool train, you control it by remote, but it's damn loud. It make bed time a real treat. Then, at about 6 in the morning, apparently Zak remembered his train. I hear him shuffle down the stairs, and the next thing I know, the train is going, and whistling Christmas carols. Ugh.

The morning we had a lot of errands to run, especially we needed to go pick out some stone for the window well, and then he had a swimming class. Zak was so cranky. We got the stone, but Zak was in such a state over the swim lessons, that we bailed out and went to have lunch with Aunt Katie instead.

We had a great nap together (I needed one too). After a couple hours, he woke up and asked me to hold him in the orange rocking chair, which I don't do nearly as often any more. So we rocked together, and a few minutes later, I sneezed...twice. Zak opened his eyes, but his fingers to his lips, and said "Shhh." Ooops, my bad. I sneezed again, and he got up, mumbling to himself, got some tissue, brought one over to my nose and said "Blow." Of course, he wasn't covering my nose at all, just holding a tissue up to the tip of it. "Blow!" Ok, so I did, kind of, through my laughs. Then he told me to cover my mouth, and proceeded to throw the tissue away. He was now up and we did some art projects and played with trains the rest of the afternoon :-)

The morning wasn't great, but the afternoon made up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment