Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 15

Friday morning I got up a little before Zak and decided to try to do just a bit of work. I did about 30 minutes worth, was just about to tackle a frustrating email, and Zak woke up. I've got to get better at dismissing those if I'm going to try to sneak in bits of work here and there, because unfortunately that stayed on my mind through-out the day since I didn't get to close it. Its good for me to learn how to do dismiss these, at least the point of not affecting my day, I need to challenge myself.



Anyway, later, Ann called because the daycare wouldn't allow Ethan at school because he had run a 100 degree fever the day before, but Ethan felt great...so we decided to take all the boys to the zoo. We went from 9:30-11:30. Then Dana, Matt and Rowan met us for lunch and we stayed there another few hours. It was our last day on the season passes (carried over from last year)...and we got the most out of it. We even rode the train and the merry go round 2x. Zak wanted to ride the shark for some reason.



We went home and Zak and I napped so comfortably for an hour snuggled together. Then I got up, and soon after Zak woke up, but I knew he wasn't ready to completely wake. He asked me to rock him in the "orange rocking chair"...so I did. And I thought about how hard it is for me just to relax. It's such a joy and pleasure just to have him sleeping in my lap, but I let my mind wander a bit: is it laziness for me to just sit there for an hour? Would it be better for me to lay him in the bed and sneak in a bit of work? Would it be better for me to put him in the jogging stroller and jog a bit? Time is such a luxury these days, I just don't want to waste it. In the end, I did just sit there and rock him, and tried to appreciate that even in 6 months or so, he'll probably be too big already to fit nicely on my lap in the "orange rocking chair."

Kuba came home and we spent the evening together. It had been a long week for both of us, every night we entertained someone from work....so we biked a bit to get some air, and then just vegged. Next week was going to be a long week for me....I rearranged my schedule to be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for 3 days of all day meetings, and already knew I had a business dinner Tuesday night. I'm mentally preparing myself to not get to spend much time with Zak and Kuba Monday-Wednesday. Maybe that's another reason I let myself just sit in the rocking chair so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment