Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 18 and 19

Well, I got behind this week because it's not been a good week. Work wise, it's been ok, but I've been very sick. Wednesday I would have needed to stay home even if it wasn't already planned, because my ears and throat hurt so bad. Poor Zak was bored out of his skull by the end of the day. It was also a very rainy day, so that added to it.

We did have a very cute interaction at nap time. We have an L-shaped sofa, and so I laid him on the short part of the L, and then put my head next to his and laid on the long part of the L. He turned his head to me, then reached out and grabbed my hand and closed his eyes to go to sleep. He makes me feel so special.

But I did feel very bad at the end of the day, realizing how little we got to do. Then Friday I had a terrible migraine. I couldn't function at all, so Kuba had to take the morning off work to take care of Zak even. I absolutely hate that we didn't get to spend enough time together this week. I think the migraine might have been work related, definitely there is some stress there. I need to figure out how to shut it off. The problem with this particular one is that it's a personal issue, with me and one person simply not getting along. As much as I say that I care about the results and not what individuals think, I don't think its true. I've been thinking about it non-stop. I'm not sure it caused the migraine, but it certainly hasn't helped my sleeping. Why can't I just be grateful for what I have and realize that I simply will not get along with everyone 100% of the time?

Anyway, not the best week, but I'm determined to catch up for it this weekend :-) Kuba's been great helping while I've been sick. Family wise, we are very strong right now.

By the way, I'm looking for ideas that Zak and I can do together to help others...some kind of volunteer work. Right now I'm thinking of visiting a senior home near by on Wednesday mornings, but if anyone has some other ideas, I'd love to hear them. We had planned to do that on Wednesday, but I didn't want to go with my ears and throat hurting.

1 comment:

  1. Hey April!

    Hope you are getting better now! Flu has not been benevolent with me either, but I am slowly winning the fight!

    Sorry to hear that no everything is doing great in the office. Still, I am pretty sure you can find answers in previous cases. Your success, as everyone else's one is built from solving those situations. I am living a similar, but much lghter one, so I appreciate having such a strong leader example to make me feel I am not alone. All this said, when these things happen, focus on getting to understand what is motivating the other person to be so not aligned with you. Even brilliant ideas under the perfect conditions might not bloom if there is nothing there for every participant.

    Not being sure what the issue is about, I try to think in the cause behind the friction in a way it builds for you goal. Might not be immediate, but maybe what others propose doing will indeed work later. Being savvy always require to see the big picture.... U are good at that.

    Talking to unrelated others - like me - might help as well. Think kaizen: good ideas sleep in lower levels, fairly often. This said, look also how others did, and last, look at how you would do it if that would be your issue. Transporting you to a hypothetical, boundary-less realm helps paying more attention to the enablers within the discussion environment than on the barriers, which we commonly identify more easily.

    Enough on this! I am also very happy your son makes you and kuba feel soo special! He was shy with strangers last Thursday, but seemed getting all he needed from climbing on you! :)

    back in my boy scouts time, we took young kids to spend time with other kids, especially in orphanages. Apart from the lesson on how to value all ours got so far, they also quickly get to see that despite the issues others might have, they are also kids, eager to be loved and willing to play around as if those problems do not exist for them. If you will look to seriously develop that servicing attitude in zak - which I applaud - think in getting him to cub scouts as soon as he can do it. I have endless appreciation for what they did for me, and what I had the opportunity to do for many others.

    Gotta run! Have a plane to catch!
    Great seeing you guys again!
    All the best!
    Edgar

    ReplyDelete